Task 1. Read the text, translate the last passage into English:
Jack was a young sailor. He lived in England, but he was often away with his ship.
One summer he came back from a long voyage and found new neighbours near his mother’s house. They had a pretty daughter, and Jack soon loved her very much.
He said to her, ‘My next voyage will begin in a few days’ time, Gloria. I love you, and I’ll marry you when I come back. I’ll think about you all the time, and I’ll write to you and send you a present from every port.
Jack’s first stop was at a port in Freetown. From there he sent a parrot to Gloria. That parrot knew how to talk in 5 different languages.
When Jack’s ship reached Australia, he received a letter which was sent to him by Gloria. Inside the letter was written ” Thank you for the parrot Jack! It tasted better than chicken”.
Task 2. Use the verbs in the brackets in the correct tense form:
- I never came across such a big snake in my life. What about you?
- We looked for her ring for two hours when we found it in the bathroom.
- Hi, I am Matt Rotell, a friend of Alice’s.
- While climbing onto the mountain top, I met a strange animal which I’d never seen before.
- If I find a good job, I’ll move to Madrid.